Monday, September 23, 2013

FACES ON HIDE


I'm a teenage mom.
You look at me at disgust
Like I'm a trash
You look at me with eyes so cold
You don't know I was abused when I was twelve years old.

I have a huge scars on my face.
You tell me I'm ugly,
And I don't deserve any.
Live with only lonely,
You don't know I was once a soldier who sacrifice for my country.

I'm a gay.
You say I look like a mess,
Treating me like a dumb less.
Deserve to die in flesh
You don't know I did this to please my mom who longs for a princess.

I'm a lesbian.
You consider me nonsense,
Think of me brainless.
Look at me useless,
You don't know I turn out like this for self-defense.

I'm an indigenous man.
You treat me like a dog astray,
Pass by me day by day.
You don't know I came to this place first but I was thrown far away.

I hear your discrimination, I just sigh
I'm a person just like you, though I seem unwise.
But always know that there is more than meets the eye.
Just look deeper and you'll see Faces on hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment